RGnets has introduced a new hotspot/hotzone gateway appliance based on Intel QuadCore technology that has allowed them to not only lower the entry cost of the appliances but also increase performance.
Along with the new hardware and price point RGnets has revamped their licensing to a pay as you grow model. Small venues can now purchase a base A4 II (read A4 mark II) for just under $3000 with a 50 simultaneous user license and scale to 250 as needed. Larger venues can opt for the A8 with a 500 simultaneous user license and scale to over 1000!
The A4 II and A8 both come with a full suite of software including the following:
- Forced web browser redirection (Support for unlimited individual captive portal pages in the same box)
- Multi-tier self-provisioning billing system (Includes integration with40 credit card processors)
- Role based AAA policy enforcement
- Per user traffic shaping
- Integrated advertising distribution system (Can’t get this anywhere else!)
- Advanced link control & routing (WAN failover, premium upsell)
- Integrated web cache for added performance and better WAN usage
- Fully integrated unified threat management system
- Integrated IPsec VPN
- Core networking services
- Full spectrum graphical instrumentation
- Comprehensive auditing package
Compare this to the Nomadix hotspot gateway (here) and you will find that the RXG is more powerful, more flexible and with the advertising mechanism built in provides quick ROI.
|A4 mk II||A8|
|CPU||QuadCore 2.4Ghz||QuadCore 2.66Ghz|
|Number of Interfaces||4 x 10/100/1000||8 x 10/100/1000|
|Storage||60GB Solid State||120GB Solid State|
|Sustained Throughput||25Mbps||50 Mbps|